Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Is it Time to Chat Over Coffee?

I just spent the day with a very good friend, Doreen. This is her last week to drive the "camera" truck that takes pictures of license plates to find possible repossessions. I know she hates this job, and the job has been something to pay the bills--but I'll miss our "ride arounds." She's returning to school this fall also--and we have indicated that a weekly visit over coffee is a must! We talk about anything and everything. Nothing is off limits so far, and I like that. We share a lot of the same interests, that's true, but the best part is that we laugh at ourselves, our husbands, and pretty much everything else. We talk about life, our pasts, our futures, books, family, and the list goes on and on. We talk about everything! We even talk about going to Italy together. I can't imagine anyone else I would like to travel to Italy with--besides Ken, of course. I think traveling around Italy with Doreen would be a blast. We both speak just enough Italian to be dangerous and hilarious.

It's also great to have a friend who doesn't judge no matter what I say and who understands what I'm trying to say, even though I sometimes make no sense at all. We just know what the other is thinking.

I have always been reserved even with the closest of friends. As I get older, I am discovering how important it is to talk about feelings (good & bad) and hopes and dreams with a friend. The conversations Doreen and I have would probably drive most people crazy. We jump from topic to topic at lightning speed, and we pick up topics that were dropped but not forgotten. I love that we can talk and listen at the same time, and we both know when it's time to stop for coffee. That's friendship!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP