Friday, May 29, 2009

June 11, 1994

Almost fifteen years ago, I received a small rubber tree plant from my brother-in-law and his wife--Jon and Barb. This unexpected gift arrived at our door with a note attached and addressed to me: "Welcome to the family!"

June 11, 1994. This was a very good day.

I still have that rubber tree plant fifteen years later. It is not so small anymore. I take special care each winter to ensure it does not freeze, and I water it regularly. I try to treat it with the love and respect I think it needs and deserves. This rubber tree is more than just a plant that gets bigger each year. This plant represents my marriage. It has grown in beauty even though it has seen its fair share of weather and just plain ol' everyday age. It thrives.

Like this rubber tree plant, my marriage to Ken is bursting with God's abundant gift of Life and Love as well as the constant reaching out to offer a reassuring touch full of sweet tenderness and devotion. I would not have it any other way. I am welcome in this family, and so is this rubber tree plant Y

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP