Thursday, May 7, 2009

Making the Grade

I have officially completed my first semester of grad school (master's degree). I have not received my final grades yet, but I am not stressing about that. I have decided that I will be fine if I make a B in one or both classes. I know I made all As as an undergraduate, but that was way too stressful. Making a B is OK! Actually, I think I deserve a B in both of my classes this semester. I struggled a lot to find enthusiasm when it came to writing my papers. I was not happy with any of them really. I definitely did not give them my best.

What bothers me the most is that I have no feelings either way about completing my first semester. I am happy that I can read and do whatever I want without a paper looming. Other than that . . . indifference. That is out of character for me, and I do not like it. I have decided to get more involved at school--like attend some lectures, etc. I think that is what I am missing. I have been so used to being on campus most of the day, every day. This semester I was hardly there except to attend class twice a week. I need to soak up a little more academic atmosphere.

I like this plan. I shall call it Plan B.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP