Friday, June 18, 2010

God's Crocheted Hugs

My Church, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, has many ministries that provide opportunities to reach out to people all over San Antonio. The Hugs Ministry is a small, unassuming ministry that allows us to make baby blankets for unwed mothers. No matter a person's feelings towards women having children out of wedlock, it is important to reach out to them and their children because even a simple homemade blanket says, "God loves you and so do I."

Here are two blankets I crocheted this past spring.


I was super busy with three grad school classes as well as playing pool three nights a week with Ken, but I managed to make these blankets as a way to reach out to women and their babies. Making these blankets also benefited me: crocheting and knitting offer a creative and relaxing outlet I desperately need when I am overwhelmed or stressed.

There are new projects on the horizon! I found out last week that the Hugs Ministry wants us to make prayer shawls for seniors who are ill and in nursing homes! Okay, God. I can do that.

While crocheting these two blankets, I was able to pray for the women and children who would receive these simple items that I lovingly fashioned. We are God's instruments, and I am happy to obey His commands. Even a small baby blanket can be created and given in His Name. Alleluia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going back over your blog and I think I missed this post. It makes me want to make another blanket! Also, I must ask, is this taken in the guest room? It looks gorgeous!

Ruthie Jones said...

This pattern is super easy! I'm in the process of looking for a prayer shawl pattern for my next project. Yes, this is the guest room. It has undergone quite the transformation (more changes are pending). I can't wait for you to see it in person.

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP