Thursday, June 24, 2010

Winning Things isn't Everything, but it is a Fun Thing

This September will mark one year since I started playing in pool leagues with Ken. I want to show my progress so far in terms of "things." I plan to blog in detail about my experience over the past year, but I will wait until it has been officially one year. Playing pool in a league (make that three leagues) has definitely been an experience . . . but more about that later.

For now, here is what I have won in 8-ball and in 9-ball. The trophy is for second place in 9-ball for this past spring session. The pin is for high point champion in 9-ball that led us to the playoffs that led us to winning the trophy.


The patches are for 8-ball. They are all "rackless night" patches, which means I won the lag and all the games within my match for that night. I will receive another patch tonight for last week--yay! I actually got a rackless night two other times, but the powers that be forgot to give me the patches--boo.

Showing off my "winnings" might smack of bragging, but it's actually not--okay, maybe a little bit of bragging. Hey! if you knew what I have gone through this past year (and you will in September), you will understand that winning these things has been no easy task for someone with my limited pool skills.

I will, however, give credit where credit is due. The pin and trophy were won due to the efforts of everyone on our 9-ball team, the Snipers--we did great this spring! By the way, I will get a little plaque with my name, etc. to stick on the base of the trophy.

Here is an interesting observation. If you look closely, you will see that the person on the trophy is a female. Yes, Ken's trophy is male.

And now . . . for a man who needs no introduction, but I will give him one anyway: Ken Jones! Take a look at all his winnings, and yes, he is that good. I would have arranged everything on the pool table like I did my things, but we only have a 9-foot table--there just wouldn't be enough room. Ha!

Good job, Ken! You're my hero . . . and not just in pool Y

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP