Thursday, August 19, 2010

Being Grateful During a Not So Gratifying Week

This week has been sucky!

Okay, I did win my 9-ball match on Monday, but the week went downhill after that. Maybe it's because it's the last week before my last semester starts next Wednesday. Maybe it's because I had my annual checkup on Tuesday. Yuk! Necessary and important, I know. But, yuk. Maybe it's because I spent an obscene amount of money on books for these last three classes. Maybe it's because a friend's dad died this week. Maybe it's because I have recently realized that some people I have called friends over the years are really just acquaintances.

It's probably all of these things rolled up together. I'm bothered that I'm bothered to the degree that I'm bothered (huh?) because it's not my nature to be down or depressed for any length of time. I'm half full, truly! I am the first person to shout to the world that I have a lot of reasons to be grateful!

I guess I've just been bombarded this week by a whole lot of turbulence--unexpected and not so unexpected.

I need to turn my attitude around so that I focus only on this week's wonderful things rather than on the sucky things. Easier said than done, but I will try . . .

Actually, I feel a little better after typing out my woes. Blogging is therapeutic!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP