Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Not-So-New Student

I haven't felt like blogging all week--but I have this here goal on my Day Zero list to blog at least once a week. I have been doing just that for quite some time now, and I even have a couple of topics just waiting to be blogged about:
  • We went to Ken's high school reunion last weekend, so I want to blog about that (with lots of pictures). But not today
  • Doreen, my wonderful friend, is moving to Albany, NY soon, so I want to blog about that. But not today
I guess today I will just mention a little something that's been shoving me in the back, propelling me forward. My last semester as a grad student starts in less than two weeks. My goal this summer was to have everything read or reread that's on my MA Comprehensive Exam reading list (exam is on October 25) before the first day of the semester. I'm almost there! Despite my tendency to procrastinate, I haven't spent the summer unwisely. I have read a lot of stuff.

I think what I really want to say is that I'm excited to start this last semester, but I'm reluctant as well. I'm ready to graduate, but I'm not ready to end my time as a student (what a ride!). What in the world will the future bring? I don't know, but I will trust God to make sure my path is true.

My Immediate Goal: I will do everything I can to enjoy this last semester so that I can get the most out of these remaining days as a not-so-new student. Here I go!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP