Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Totally Cool Tuesday: One of the Good Guys

Sidney Poitier is my favorite actor. He's a class act all around, and he's one of the few celebrities I would love to meet. He hasn't made any movies lately (he'll be 84 on February 20), but we still have many wonderful movies of his to watch and enjoy--over and over and over.

Lilies of the Field is my favorite--not only of Sidney Poitier's movies, but all movies. Mr. Poitier was the first black actor to win an Oscar, and it was for this movie (best actor in a leading role). I know why, too. He's fantastic!
I haven't seen all of his movies, but here are a few that I have seen several times:
  • A Raisin in the Sun (1961)
  • Lilies of the Field (1963)
  • A Patch of Blue (1965)
  • To Sir, with Love (1967)
  • Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
Sidney Poitier is definitely one of the good guys--and not just as an actor. I have read his autobiography The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography, 2000 (great book!), and I still need to read Life Beyond Measure: Letters to My Great-Granddaughter, 2008.

Take a few minutes to find out more about this amazing man. Maybe you'll say he's totally cool as well.
What do you think?

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP