Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Totally Cool Tuesday: Don't Just Use It, Reuseit!

One of my favorite websites is http://www.reuseit.com/. Their tagline is "reusables for every part of your life."

It's been a while since I've ordered something from this site. I recently checked it out again, and I discovered they have added so many new things. Actually, the site used to be called ReusableBags, but I guess they changed it because they go way beyond bags now.

Several years ago, I ordered five shopping bags. This picture is the closest I could find to what my bags look like.

The only difference is that my bags are brown, and they were around $6 each. They are now on sale for $2.95. These cotton bags get compliments--mostly because of the dual handles. The short handles make lifting and carrying a lot easier when the bag is extra heavy. I know you can get much cheaper reusable bags, but I bought these when most stores didn't sell them or give them away. I don't regret a single penny, because my brown bags are wonderful!

I did get these bags from the same site before I ordered the ones I just described.

I think these string bags would be good at farmer's markets when you are buying a lot of fruits and vegetables. I struggled with them on a regular basis and with regular groceries. They're too stretchy and somewhat awkward with corners poking out and small things falling through, but they are still better than those urban tumbleweeds: the plastic ones at the checkout.

http://www.reuseit.com/ added so many totally cool new categories since I last ordered anything. I'm looking forward to browsing. I will also spend a little time reading some of the interesting stuff they have on their site that informs and encourages the public to do the right thing.

What do you think?

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP