Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Warm Prayer with Pockets

My church, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, has a ministry called Hugs Ministry. The latest project is knitted or crocheted prayer shawls for people who are ill and need a little hug from God as well as from loving parishioners.

I finally started knitting a prayer shawl! Here's a picture of it in the beginning stage. The color is called Mixed Berry, and it is a very uplifting color. I know it appears to be small, but it is folded under, so it's not stretched out to the full 20 inches. It will eventually be 20" x 60" with a pocket at each end. Warm, comforting, and useful!

Previously for this ministry, we made baby blankets for unwed mothers. I really enjoy making blankets, so I made two: see them here.

I'm looking forward to finishing this project, but I love the process as well. Each time I pick up my shawl and knit a few rows, I say a prayer for the person who will receive this homemade hug. I hope and pray my humble gift will warm that special someone with God's love.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP