Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reader of Books

Besides setting the goals of finding a job, becoming a better pool player, and cleaning/organizing all the nooks and crannies in my house in 2011, I have also set a reading goal. I think it's so much fun that Goodreads.com has set up a Reading Challenge! This kind of thing is right up my alley because, well, I love to read. Oh really?

My goal is to read 111 books this year! I made a "read in 2010" shelf in Goodreads, tagged those books, and discovered I read 103 books last year. Some of those books I actually read before 2010, but I did read them again last year, so I counted them. I like to be accurate!

I'm not sure if eight more books is much of a challenge, but I read most of those books last year for grad school--and several were over 800 pages! I'm finished with school, and I have free time to read a lot right now . . . but . . . I can't really say what my reading life will be like once I start working. I hate setting this type of goal and then coming up short. I really hate that! It's like doing NaNoWriMo in November. If I start it, I finish it. Period. I might find myself reading like a maniac in November and December because I will read at least 111 books this year!

I added the Goodreads Reading Challenge widget right here on my blog (to the left) to show my progress. I can do it!
What's your goal?

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP