Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Day, A New Year, A New Hope

Here it is! 2009. I went to Mass this morning--not because of New Year's Day but because it's a Holy Day of Obligation. Mary is definitely a good role model. I want to focus more on her life this year. I want to look at her and what her life was like . . . and what her role and her participation in that role was and still is--the Mother of God! And what does it all mean to me? Mary was a strong and faithful woman, and I admire her. She had courage. I think I can draw on her courage and her faith and her hope.
***
Ken's toe got bad again. It was much better over Christmas. How were we to know he was supposed to wear that 'boot' until his appointment on the 30th? Wearing a shoe after his toe was much better was obviously a mistake. Unfortunately, the doctor must have thought we could read his mind because his instructions didn't say not to wear a shoe until the next appointment. Well, it's infected again. This is serious stuff. You just can't mess around with diabetes. Ken's wearing the boot faithfully now--until his next appointment on the 8th. The toe definitely looks a lot better already (thank God!). Keep doing your thing antibiotics! We don't really want to talk about what could happen if it doesn't get better or gets bad again. The doctor already scared the you-know-what out of Ken the other day, so there's no point in dwelling on the negative. Only positive thoughts allowed!
***
This year will bring about a surge in my faith; I can feel it already. My heart and mind are filled with God's Word and God's Love. I heard this morning in church that it's important to thank God not just for the blessings He has already given us but for future blessings as well. In other words, have faith and expect His blessings because they will come. There is no room for doubt! I plan to thank God for what He has done and for what He will do. I have faith in everything God does for me before any of it even happens because I know it is all according to His Will (even if it sometimes doesn't agree with what I want or expect or think I need - maybe like Mary when she said "yes" after hearing Gabriel's message? hmmm). How exciting! This morning I thanked God for healing Ken's toe. That doesn't mean we won't do our part in the healing process--or that everything will turn out exactly as we want, but it feels good knowing God is always with us and continually blessing us...in His time and in His way.

The expectation of God's blessings--and not just recognizing them after the fact--is exhilarating. I think knowing that God will be faithful and will always be there makes me more aware of what He is doing in my life right now, every day. It's one thing to say God is always there because that's what we read in the Bible, but it's another thing to know it and expect it. Alleluia!

I know, however, that whatever happens, I can find strength and comfort in His love and His Will. I know God is there for me . . . always.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP