Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taking Chances


What do you see when you look at this picture?
I took this picture in Urbisaglia, Italia in 2007. I did not go down this path because our class went the other way, but I snapped the picture on a whim as we passed by. We were on our way to see an ancient Roman theatre that man, nature, and time had reduced to grass and broken stones.


56565656565656
I am glad I did not go down that delightful path because it will always retain an air of mystery. I cannot know its shadowy secrets.

Would it be nonsensical if I likened this path to the path of my life? There is a handrail for when I stumble. The brilliant verdure and a spot of reddish/pinkish color are available to brighten my struggles. Cool shade beckons and offers relief from scorching trials. There is room enough on the path for two to walk together. The way is neither smooth nor predictable . . . just like life.
56565656
I take chances as I journey down that uncharted lane. There is uncertainty ahead, but I am not afraid because I do not walk alone. God paves my path.
What do you see when you look down that path?
5656

1 comment:

Russell said...

Interesting.... I am not sure what I first noticed. Most likely the little pinkish / reddish color against all that green... BUT I always like railings and fences a lot, so I think I probably focused on that right after seeing the splash of color... THEN I noticed how nice the path looks with that natural stone look AND THEN I noticed that the path led somewhere I could not see and wondered where it might be leading...!

I like the photo a great deal. As with most things in life, it is the simple thing that stands out the most.

Take care.

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP