Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Moonlight Walk Natural and Effective Security System


The cute little needles on this cactus are a natural deterrent for all those robbers, solicitors, and maniacs who might venture into the neighborhood. You can see our cactus is spreading its wings and growing new pads with deceptively soft points. It is only a matter of time before the new pads bare their sharp claws. I happen to know firsthand how hurtful these vicious plants can be.

Many, many, MANY years ago, on a hot summer day, we put on our bathing suits and ran out to the backyard to play in the sprinklers. Mom had one of these wicked child-hater succulents in the backyard on a shelf (why she would have this around small children is beyond me . . . hmmm). Anyway, while I was whirling and flapping around the yard, I backed into that plant's prickly clutches - or maybe that evil cactus monster of 199 Peach Valley unfurled its wings, kicked off from its perch, and zeroed in on my tender flesh. All I knew for sure was that I suddenly had about a dozen of those razor sharp death needles in my back. My sister, Regina, donned her superhero cape and sprang into action! She swiftly plucked those points out of my screaming back and simultaneously blasted my skin with water from the garden hose to detract the pain . . . genius. Thank goodness for big sisters.

***

Beware the beastly menace lurking in our front yard! It knows if you are a welcome visitor or . . .

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP