Thursday, April 2, 2009

Motivation

Noun
1. the act or an instance of motivating.
2. the state or condition of being motivated.
3. something that motivates; inducement; incentive.
The psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior
(dictionary.com).


The first three definitions are useless, and I hate when a dictionary does this to define a word (except for inducement and incentive--these are good words, but they are not exactly helpful as a definition when used independently).

The other part of the definition is a lot more helpful. This definition tells me that motivation comes from my brain. It is something that is supposed to give me a reason for movement towards a goal.

Living the daily life is interesting and always full of surprises, and I do enjoy my life completely. Experiencing limited motivation once in a while is nothing new, but experiencing limited motivation to a freakishly huge degree is unfamiliar territory.
I am always motivated in a general, all-purpose way, but lately I have not been motivated in a specific, little detail way. This is unacceptable.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP